Degrees and Certifications:
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine.
Supports for School & District Improvement School and District Monthly Updates and Supports DIF Overview District Systems Review School Systems Review SIF and DIF CardsSIF Overview Data / Assessment Coach Links Smart Data Support Deb Wahlstrom Blog Grading - Activities Content Frames for 6 Articles Grading activity labels Belief's 4 Sample Gradebooks Strengths and Challenges Grading Scales T-Chart Academic vs Non Academic Grading Scales - Trying them out Analyzing Text with 4 A's What's The Grade?
School ImprovementAAESA Instructional Services supports districts and buildings with their School Improvement initiatives.
The School Improvement Process is an ongoing process and is not intended to be a one-time event. Data obtained at each stage informs the next stage. The process continues over the course of several years until the student achievement goals are accomplished and the achievement gap eliminated.
This process cycle provides the foundation to address school improvement and promote student achievement through a comprehensive and systemic approach consisting of the following main tasks:
1. Gather - Collect Data and Build School Profile
2. Study - Analyze Data, Set Goals and Objectives
3. Plan - Develop an Improvement Plan
4. Do - Implement, Monitor, and Evaluate this PlanThe School Improvement Plan is intended to be the vehicle that drives the continuous improvement process.
School Improvement Is:
• A Mindset--A way of thinking, resulting in decisions being made with student achievement in mind.
• A Process--Implementation of instructional strategies with fidelity and consistency over time.
• A Product--The plan that guides the teaching for learning process on a daily basis.
AAESA Services to support School Improvement:
• The School Improvement Process
• Golden Packages/SMART Data Warehouse
• State and Federal Programs Support
• Program Evaluation
• AdvancED Accreditation
• The Formative Assessment Process
• Family Engagement
• Data Analysis/ MISCHOOLDATA training
• Accountability (Scorecard, Top-to-Bottom, Identified Focus and Priority Schools)
• Response to Intervention/Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
• Curriculum and Content Specialists/ConsultantsSchool Improvement Resources and Web Sites
School Improvement Framework 2.0
District Improvement Framework 2.0
Practical School Improvement Timeline for Michigan
Office of Field Services Resources
AAESA Monthly Checklist- School Improvement/Title 1
AAESA Program Evaluation Documents
https://app.box.com/s/wub66eks0c9r5i84nhko (May 2014)
AAESA AdvancEd Accreditation
AAESA Vision Statement
Your partner in transforming lives through education, leadership and service.
AAESA Mission Statement
Our mission is to extend educational opportunities to all learners by complementing and enhancing the efforts of our local districts and communities.
AAESA AdvancED External Review Site Visit