• Substitute Teaching

    All Allegan Area ESA districts throughout the county utilize EDUStaff to register and pay substitute teachers/paraprofessionals. Our substitute teachers are an integral part of our educational system. Please read this information, as it will help explain the process to become a registered substitute within our district.

    Substitute Registry - New and Returning Substitute Teachers
    If you are interested in substitute teaching in any of the districts listed below, you may contact EDUStaff Offices at 877.974.6338 or go to EDUStaff to access information to complete your enrollment packet. The following districts offer substitute opportunities within the Allegan County Area:

    • Allegan Area ESA Programs
    • Allegan Public Schools 
    • Fennville Public Schools
    • Hopkins Public Schools
    • Martin Public Schools
    • Otsego Public Schools
    • Plainwell Community Schools
    • Wayland Union Schools

    Qualifying for Substitute Teaching
    To qualify to substitute teach, you must have transcripts indicating completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.0 GPA, or hold a valid or expired Michigan Teaching Certificate.

    For more information, visit the EDUStaff website.